|BMW M3 e92 Concept Car|
|Air intakes, Powerdome and Side skirts|
|Wide track, Carbon roof and Probable specifications|
Page 1 of 3The BMW M3 e92 Concept Car
Source: BMW Press Group
A Concept study of a BMW M3 by BMW M GmbH, dimensions and fundamental form based on BMW 3 Series Coupé, exclusive new engineering of almost every body element, purpose-built for individualistic form and maximum sporting potential:
- At the core of this concept study is an M3-typical V8 engine tuned to the high revving M concept.
- Front design conveying a high performance sports car, functional execution of the front apron and engine compartment lid, a robust Powerdome and large air intakes that express the vehicle’s superior drive power, particularly voluminous air intakes for ample air supply to the engine compartment through the elimination of fog lamps, typical of M, and a front apron in a pronounced forward position that symbolises the car’s motoring spirit.
- Sharply defined wheel arches, gill-shaped openings in the front side walls with an elaborate three-dimensional design typical of M cars, and chrome brackets with integrated direction indicators.Characteristic M-brand side skirts providing the side view with an energy-laden accent, visual emphasis of the rear-wheel drive and car’s wide track, 19-inch light alloy rims with the characteristic Y-spoke design, exclusive exterior mirrors with an aerodynamically optimised design.
- Rear design with horizontal lines accentuating the car’s wide track, pronounced wheel orientation as a symbol of its powerful stance, rear diffuser that mirrors design elements of the front apron, balanced proportions underlining the BMW M3’s supremacy, M-typical double tailpipes arranged toward the centre of the vehicle.
- Intelligent lightweight construction that directly influences the vehicle’s agility and dynamic performance, aluminium engine compartment lid. Side walls made of synthetic material and CFRP roof that optimise weight distribution and centre of gravity, visible CFRP roof construction as an additional design element, emphasis of flat silhouette and high tech character of the vehicle.
The Vision of Ultimate Driving Pleasure
Its very name is a symbol for unique performance on the racetrack and in everyday traffic. For two decades, BMW M3 has embodied the athletic heart of the brand in its most fundamental and succinct form. Its dominating role in motor sports and the ultimate driving experience it affords the driver on the road are inseparably intertwined. The qualities on which this synthesis is founded have given the BMW M3 the exceptional status it enjoys the world over.
At BMW M GmbH, engineers have persisted in continuing this success story with the presentation of the new BMW M3 Concept Car. The concept study being presented to the public for the first time at the 77th International Motor Show in Geneva (8th to 18th of March, 2007) gives a first impression of what a future BMW M3 might look like.
The basic form for the BMW M3 Concept Car is a derivative of the new BMW 3 Series Coupé. The few components adopted directly from the series model are the headlamps and taillamps and, as the only body elements, the two doors and the luggage compartment lid. In all other respects, the BMW M3 Concept Car, which is being presented in the Chrome Shadow finish characteristic of BMW M GmbH concept studies, is obviously an individualistic and athletic vehicle with technology at the focus of its engineering.